We have adapted our activities to make your visit as safe and secure as possible. Read about how you can contribute to a safe visit during the pandemic.
INFORMATION ABOUT VACCINATION CERTIFICATES
From 1 December 2021, the Swedish Government's new directives and the Swedish Public Health Agency's recommendations and measures against Covid-19 apply at public gatherings and public events. Here you can read about what applies to Konstmuseet i Norr.
When visiting the art museum's exhibitions, the following applies:
Museums and museum visits are not considered public gatherings or public events.
- You are welcome to visit Konstmuseet i Norr and our exhibitions without a vaccination certificate.
When visiting the art museum's events, the following applies:
Konstmuseet i Norr does not organise events with more than 100 participants.
- The communication about a special event at the art museum will include information about whether a vaccination certificate is necessary.
First Thursday of each month: 10–20
ABOUT THE MUSEUM
On this page you will find practical information to help you plan your visit to Konstmuseet i Norr in Kristallen, Kiruna. The museum is located in the golden cubic exhibition spaces that begin in the open staircase and continue up to the fifth floor.
Admission is free for all visitors unless otherwise stated.
Konstmuseet i Norr is located inside Kristallen in Kiruna’s new city centre. It is easy to get here by car, bus, bicycle or on foot.
Visiting address: Stadshustorget 1, 981 30 Kiruna.
Free parking is available near Kristallen. Due to construction of the new city hall square, parking may move. Parking signs on site will guide you.
For visitors with disabled parking permits, there are accessible parking spaces directly in front of Kristallen’s entrance.
During weekdays you can take the bus route Lila in the direction Hagelstigen. The nearest bus stop is Stadshustorget. > Travel by bus
Bus update: Due to ongoing construction projects outside the city hall Kristallen, the existing bus stop will be dismantled. A temporary bus stop will be available at the Yamaha center on Maskinvägen, from Monday 14 June 2021.
If you would like to cycle or walk to the museum, there are cycling and pedestrian paths along Malmvägen.
Cloakroom and lockers
On the ground floor of Kristallen is an unattended cloakroom with lockers where you can hang your coat and store valuables. The cloakroom is located to the right of the stairs.
Food and drinks
Food and drinks are not permitted inside the exhibition spaces.
Please keep in mind…
- The works and installations that are a part of the exhibition can be fragile. Visitors are not permitted to touch works or installations, unless otherwise stated. Please remember to keep hold of your child’s hand while visiting our exhibitions.
- Leave backpacks, large bags, umbrellas etc. in the cloakroom or the locked storage facilities located on the ground floor.
- Show respect towards other visitors and ongoing tours in the exhibition spaces.
- Visitors are permitted to take photos in the exhibition spaces for personal use, but the use of flash, tripods or selfie-sticks is not permitted.
Book a visit
We advise groups who would like to visit the museum to contact us beforehand. Email: bokning(at)konstmuseetinorr.se
Telephone: 0980-755 06