On the 18th May every year since 1977, International Museum Day has been celebrated around the world in order to increase awareness of the importance of museums within society.
In 2018 more than 40,000 museums participated in the event that took place in over 158 different countries!
Come and celebrate your local museum with us at International Museum Day!
The celebration includes:
- Family-friendly guided tours of the exhibition Transitions
30 minutes, adapted to the ages in the group
Max 25 persons per tour on a first come first served basis
- Story circle and book giveaway
20 minutes, suitable for children aged 2 – 10 years in the company of an adult
Max 15 people on a first come first served basis
- Face painting
- Temporary tattoos
- Creative activity in the educational workshop
- Complimentary refreshments
- Konstmuseet i Norr balloons
Free entrance, everyone is welcome!